RE: SVG 1.2 tiny

Any more information you could provide on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Ferraiolo [mailto:jon.ferraiolo@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 10:44 AM
To: Antoine Quint; James Bentley
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: Re: SVG 1.2 tiny

At 09:16 AM 10/28/2004, Antoine Quint wrote:
>>1, you must unzip to memory - Gzip is not stream
>>compression.
>
>Yes, streaming SVG using gzip is not a very good solution.

I wrote some code about 6 years ago where I was able to read
gzip'-compressed a byte at a time. While it is true that you have to get
through the GZip'd file at least as far as the compression headers, once
you get past the headers and to the actually compressed content, you can
read that content in a progressive manner. In particular, you don't have to
do a complete batch unzip before you can parse the first byte. When I did
this, I was using public domain gzip software.

Jon Ferraiolo
Adobe Systems, Inc.