Re: SVG 1.2 tiny

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:41:13 +0200
To: James Bentley <James.Bentley@guideworkstv.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Wednesday, October 27, 2004, 8:13:36 PM, James wrote:

JB> I think the animation reasoning still holds. It is certainly easier to
JB> accomplish some types of animation
JB> when you don't have to animate several attributes.

Okay, how about this: The vast majority of animated SVG content has the
graphical assets authored in one place (an illustration tool, a program
that generates SVG from other data, etc) and animation added in a second
step (hand authoring, an animation tool, etc).

For the first stage, few people are writing the numbers in their path
elements in a text editor and hand calculator.

For the second stage, hand authoring is still common, if only to
generate a template that is later re-used in an automated manner.

Sometimes the two stages are combined in one tool.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group