Re: CSS style sheets in SVG

At 08:50 AM 11/29/2004, Jim Ley wrote:

>"MenTaLguY" <mental@rydia.net> wrote in message
> > As far as I can tell, I have two choices:  give the panel border objects a
> > CSS class, tweaking the stroke paint for that class in an author
> > stylesheet, or I can manually go through and change the color on every
> > panel border individually.
>
>You could reference the border into an external document, but yes, classes
>are the main sensible use case, and when CSS is deprecated, an alternative
>will be wanted, fortunately there are already proposals out there.
>
>Jim.

Jim,
"When CSS is deprecated" ??? Given the momentum around Compound Documents
at the W3C, my guess is that the movement will be more towards coming up
with a common sense approach to apply CSS across cross-namespace documents
(e.g., one document containing both XHTML and SVG) versus deprecating CSS's
use with SVG.

Jon