Re: CSS style sheets in SVG

From: Jon Ferraiolo <jon.ferraiolo@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:21:10 -0800
To: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>, www-svg@w3.org

At 08:50 AM 11/29/2004, Jim Ley wrote:

>"MenTaLguY" <mental@rydia.net> wrote in message
> > As far as I can tell, I have two choices:  give the panel border objects a
> > CSS class, tweaking the stroke paint for that class in an author
> > stylesheet, or I can manually go through and change the color on every
> > panel border individually.
>You could reference the border into an external document, but yes, classes
>are the main sensible use case, and when CSS is deprecated, an alternative
>will be wanted, fortunately there are already proposals out there.

"When CSS is deprecated" ??? Given the momentum around Compound Documents
at the W3C, my guess is that the movement will be more towards coming up
with a common sense approach to apply CSS across cross-namespace documents
(e.g., one document containing both XHTML and SVG) versus deprecating CSS's
use with SVG.