Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: vector effects

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:07:03 +0000 (UTC)
To: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Jim Ley wrote:

> "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch> wrote in message
> > But my point is a Web browser isn't, and shouldn't be, a "serious vector
> > graphics application".
>
> It's a vector graphics standard for the web, not a vector graphics standard
> for the web-browser, there is a difference.

A clear statement in the spec one way or the other would definitely help
me understand the intended implementors. If Web browsers aren't expected
to support SVG 1.2, then many of my concerns would be alleviated. However,
my understanding is that the working group _does_ intend SVG to be a
vector graphics standard for (amongst other things maybe) Web browsers.