SVG 1.2 Comment: Things I expected to see but do not

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 01:30:43 -0600
To: www-svg@w3.org

SVG 1.2 updates SVG 1.1 in a number of ways, including additions and
clarifications of parts that were unclear.

Unfortunately, the clarifications don't seem to cover all the cases that needed
clarifying.  Two issues that I fully expected to see, with section references
now to SVG 1.1.

4.3:

Does xmlBase return the value of the xml:base attribute, or the absolute URI
that value resolves to?  How is this property different from the DOM3 baseURI
property?

5.6:

The description of how CSS interacts with <use> is very confusing.  If I
undestand the intent correctly, the following would more clearly express it:

   For user agents that support Styling with CSS, the conceptual deep cloning of
   the referenced element into a non-exposed DOM tree also copies the cascaded
   values of all CSS properties.  When determining the computed values, these
   cascaded values are used, but inheritance is done from the 'use' element.

-Boris