Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: vector effects

From: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 03:28:43 +1100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>

On 25 Nov 2004, at 03:10, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Dean Jackson wrote:
>> Ian is the main person opposed to the current model and syntax. I
>> don't see many other people on his side raising new data (Boris
>> sent in a grammatical comment for example).
>
> Just so we're on the same page, my area of expertise really does not
> extend to the material this section covers, so being rather pressed
> for time for this last call I simply skimmed over it without trying to
> understand the technical issues.... It was far too long and involved
> for me to sort out in the time I had to read it, and I decided my time
> is better spent working on understanding sections of the specification
> where I would have some implementation experience or similar
> knowledge.

Hey, no problem. I wasn't picking on you at all :)
I guess I was just trying to work out how we could get to a
resolution on this particular issue. I'm not too invested in
the other topics (like flowing text), but I think this one
is a pretty useful feature (and, for once, is in my area of knowledge.)

Thanks for sending in so many detailed comments. I appreciate the
depth of your review.

Dean