Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: image/svg+xml;charset=""

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:07:10 +0100
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Chris Lilley wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 24, 2004, 3:36:29 PM, Bjoern wrote:
> BH> Are you saying that the proposed registration would avoid that, i.e.,
> BH> that http://www.bjoernsworld.de/temp/utf8-or-iso-8859-1.svg must be
> BH> considered UTF-8 encoded by all implementations?
>
> Actually I wonder about how you are serving that:
>
> clilley@homer:~$ telnet www.bjoernsworld.de 80
> Trying 212.172.16.14...
> Connected to www.bjoernsworld.de.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> HEAD /temp/utf8-or-iso-8859-1.svg HTTP/1.0
> Accept: image/svg+xml

It looks a lot like since you haven't specified the Host the server is
defaulting to whatever default site is there, which doesn't contain that
document.

A better tool for such tests is the HEAD command, which you get when
installing Perl and libwww-perl. Other options include some switches of
wget or curl.

--
Robin Berjon