Re: Styling conflict

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:26:02 -0600
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
CC: www-svg@w3.org

Chris Lilley wrote:
> CSS 2.0, referenced by SVG 1.0 and 1.1, says that the specificity of the
> style attribute is 100 and that the specificity of a single id selector
> is also 100.

This is handled in the CSS2.0 errata [1], which agree with CSS2.1.  So there's
no ambiguity at this point, as far as I can see.

> BZ> Does the CSS 1.1 test suite not have a test for this?

I meant "SVG 1.1" of course (there is no CSS 1.1).

I agree that this would need to be tested in the CSS 2.1 test suite, which would
perhaps obviate the need for the SVG test suite to also test it...

-Boris

[1] http://www.w3.org/Style/css2-updates/REC-CSS2-19980512-errata.html#s-6-4-3