Re: Styling conflict

On Wednesday, November 17, 2004, 2:04:34 PM, Caleb wrote:

CM> What should an svg renderer do when presentation attributes and style
CM> attributes conflict? It never really comes up in the spec

I encourage you to read the specification, which describes exactly what
to do.

Presentation attributes have specificity 0. The style attribute has
specificity 100 (changed in CSS 2.1 to be infinite).

CM> or anything
CM> and everyone seems to handle it differently to how we do (style
CM> overrides earlier presentation attributes).

I would be interested to see a test and some named implementations that
handle it differently. 'everyone' does not handle it differently. Its a
well defined part of the spec, referencing CSS2; and presumably,
referencing CSS 2.1 should that ever become finished.

CM> B.t.w. I'm not on the list so can you cc me

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group