Question on SVG 1.2 Last Call

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:20:22 -0600
To: www-svg@w3.org

Looking at SVG 1.2, it's clearly not a standalone specification but rather an
extension to SVG 1.1 (as is stated in the introduction [1]).

Given that, will comments about parts of SVG 1.1 that are in need of
clarification be considered as part of the SVG 1.2 last call?  Note that an
implementation of SVG 1.1 is required for SVG 1.2 and that I have heard rumour
(which I would love to hear confirmed or denied) that the plan is to merge the
existing 1.1 into 1.2 (which currently only lists changes from 1.1 [2]).

Trying to budget my time,
-Boris

[1] http://w3.org/TR/SVG12/intro.html
[2] http://w3.org/TR/SVG12/