Re: Reconsider SVG 1.2

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:22:23 -0600
To: "Thomas DeWeese"@MIT.EDU
CC: www-svg@w3.org

Thomas DeWeese wrote:
>    Can you please let me know what this "concrete collision with the
> CSS2.0/2.1 box model" is?

Ian posted an explicit testcase earlier in this mess of threads [1].  It's
unfortunate that there is so much noise that the real technical issues are
getting lost.  :(

>    A conflict would be a place where SVG says you must do X, and CSS
> says you must do Y.

That's exactly what happens in Ian's testcase.  Applying the CSS 2 rendering
rules you get one rendering, applying the SVG 1.2 rendering rules you get a
different rendering.

-Boris

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2004Nov/0011.html at the end