Re: Reconsider SVG 1.2

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 23.30, you wrote:
>I disagree there is any conflict with CSS spec. There seems to be some
>conflict with the CSS vision of a particular invited expert of the CSS WG
>(Ian), who at some points (feel free to correct me) said that XSL:FO, SMIL
>and XForms should either not had happened or had been redesigned from
scratch.

I can only agree with Peter.

I have been hearing this css conflict noise for some days now and would like
just one single example of a potential conflict.

To be clear, a conflict is when a css snippet breaks an SVG snippet..

Anyhow, if I had to choose between svg and css, I'd elect to have css bumped.
It's a redundant, non-xml vocabulary that brings little to me except
implementation headaches.

Not only do I have to support XML and scripting, but I also have to have
another parser for css... I find that cool, but pointless. Whoever came up
with the idea of adding css to svg should be forced to implement it in a
browser themeselves.

Ronan

--
Ronan Oger