Re: 15.1.2 Navigation

From: Will Pearson <will-pearson@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:29:48 -0000
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi;

"Doug Schepers"  wrote:

"> This would be completely unintuitive to the user. I *strongly* suggest
that
> the SVG WG reconsider the use cases for this feature and its behavior. My
> suggestion is that nav-[direction] operate on the visual location, not the
> document order. I think that this should be the default, if not only,
> attribute value."

I agree.  A user's expectation would be that the focus moves upwards in
their world if they tell it too.  "Their world" is composed of the visual
rendering and not the invisible document order.  So, this should be the case
in viewers and authoring tools.  Having it act on spatial relationships and
not document order will also help a non visual user to atain the meaning
conveyed by the spatial relationships, as they can at least determine the
directional relationships between elements through exploration with
directional nav.

Will