Re: switch was: SVG WG announces Last Call of SVG 1.2

On 10 Nov 2004, at 06:56, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> Doug,
>
> thanks for that, but it isn't clear why this is considered a "painting
> enhancement"
> this didn't jump out as obvious, as I searched before asking.
> do you have a rational explanation?

If Doug can come up with one then I'll be glad to hear it.

It's probably in the wrong chapter, although I guess
I thought (at the time.. many months ago) that it was vaguely
better suited there than anywhere else. It does enhance your
ability to paint different things for example.

But really you shouldn't worry about that. When we
produce a full SVG specification, it will be where switch
normally goes.

> The 1.2 draft pretty clearly says:
>
> "11.12 Increased switch availability
> SVG 1.2 allows the switch element as a child of any element."

That's right. Switch over switch over switch over title is
fine.

Dean