Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: 4 Flowing text and graphics

"Bjoern Hoehrmann" <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote in message
> * Cameron McCormack wrote:
>>But it is possible.  Your XSLT could generate a bunch of script to adapt
>>to potential font changes.  With sXBL this would be better, since the
>>script is contained in an sXBL definition, and your XSLT only has to
>>output sXBL component instantiation elements.
>
> You could also use script alone, I wrote a simple charting component
> that generates bar charts from SVG documents with lots of

> data that adapts to font sizes, etc. which can be specified e.g. using a
> style element in the SVG document. But this sucks quite a lot...

And I've done similar things with RDF (everything from people in FOAF, to a
whole variety of travel data and geographic data)  SVG works well with the
underlying RDF model, XHTML doesn't currenlty, and even in XHTML 2.0, it's
pretty odd.

I think one of the differences here is that some people thing the semantics
of HTML whilst not perfect contain some of the things people want to say.
Whereas others have pretty much given up on the semanticness of HTML as not
doing enough to really add the value we want.

Jim.