Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: 4 Flowing text and graphics

Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
> I am sorry, but we cannot make our implementation available to the
> public at this time.

As I said in my mail, I understand that.

> I can say, however, that Adobe does know how to read specifications

I wasn't implying that you didn't.

>  I find your comment about whether it is possible to "ascertain
> that this text engine is actually compatible with the CSS inline model"
> to be rather insulting.

I didn't comment about possibility thereof.  I merely inquired what
testing had been done, on the assumption that such testing has in fact
been done.  No insult was intended, by any means.

If you don't wish to discuss the issue, that is, of course, your
prerogative, but please don't brush it off with "we know how to find
test suites and read specifications."  I'm sure that the members of all
the browser development teams out there know how to read specifications
and find test suites, and a number of the members of such teams have
contributed to the CSS specification, yet some of the rendering engines
involved have serious problems with large parts of the specification
(including, in particular, the inline model).  Again, I'm not suggesting
that Adobe's engine suffers from these problems, and, as I said in my
original mail, I am assuming that rigorous testing has been performed on
this engine to ensure that it does not.  All I asked for was
confirmation that my assumptions are correct.

-Boris