Re: Image description workshop, Madrid 7-8 June (fwd)

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 12:22:29 +0200
To: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org, Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>

On Thursday, May 6, 2004, 7:59:25 AM, Jonathan wrote:

JC> Chris wrote:

JC> SVG affects this area in two ways. Firstly, it is a structured image
JC> format so a URI can usefully point to portions of it and discuss those
JC> parts.

JC> Please can we have an example of what is meant by this?

http://example.com/horse.svg is a picture of a horse. At
http://example.com/horse.svg#fetlock we see the fetlock of the horse.
Looking at the http://example.com/horse.svg#head general view of the
head, we see....

JC> This appears to relate to an SVG problem I have tried to raise
JC> regarding bookmarking:
JC> Which is that given a slide show within a single SVG file how can one
JC> link to a given slide?

That depends on how the slideshow has been constructed and whether
you are linking to a particular view, a particular point in a timeline,
etc.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group