Re: Image description workshop, Madrid 7-8 June (fwd)

On Thu 06 May 2004, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> Chris wrote:
>
> SVG affects this area in two ways. Firstly, it is a structured image
> format so a URI can usefully point to portions of it and discuss those
> parts.
>
> Please can we have an example of what is meant by this?
>

> This appears to relate to an SVG problem I have tried to raise
> regarding bookmarking:
> Which is that given a slide show within a single SVG file how can one
> link to a given slide?

It depends on how the slideshow is constructed.

If it is done with Javascript and display="none" fiddling, then
you are out of luck (unless your javascript looks at the document
URL and does the appropriate fiddling at document load).

If it is done with SMIL animation (on display or opacity or something)
then you're also out of luck.

If it is done with SVG 1.2 <page> elements, then you're out of
luck (for now :). I think we should add something to the <page>
behaviour which says that if the UA references a fragment/id
inside a <page> then you flip pages. That would probably work
and probably make sense (of course, I've invested all of 30
seconds brain power into this idea so far).

Dean