Re: SVG 1.2 - 3.2.1 editable

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:56:25 +1100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Peter Sorotokin:
> I thought about this approach and I think it is not going to work. The
> current model is that everything is in the DOM. Basically, there is no
> "hidden state" in SVG; the only such state is SMIL animation resolved time
> (things like foo.click resolved to actual clock time of the click). If we
> are to go with the model that allows one to change animated values
> arbitrarily, we'd have to agree that every element potentially holds hidden
> animated state. This is a fairly different model - and it has big
> implications for many useful optimizations.

Do you mean that normally all the information is available from the
document tree itself (normal attributes values and the SMIL elements)?
If so, then the override stylesheet is a feature that allows script to make
changes to CSS properties but not any changes to the actual document.

--
Cameron McCormack