video format for SVG 1.2 or 2.0

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:19:52 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Just in case it's of interest:

Xiph Releases Ogg Theora Alpha-3
"For more than a year Xiph hackers have been working on Ogg Theora, an
improved version of On2's VP3 video codec. Alpha-3 includes several
bitstream changes, VP3 to Theora "upgrade" utilities, and is now
supported by Xine, MPlayer, and Real's Helix Player. We're nearing
Beta-1 where the format will be frozen, fully documented, and it'll be
ready for everyday use."

Xine and MPlayer are popular video players on Linux (I use both).

Vim users, don't forget to