video format for SVG 1.2 or 2.0

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:19:52 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi

Just in case it's of interest:

http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/04/03/22/1250216.shtml
:
'
Xiph Releases Ogg Theora Alpha-3
[...]
"For more than a year Xiph hackers have been working on Ogg Theora, an
improved version of On2's VP3 video codec. Alpha-3 includes several
bitstream changes, VP3 to Theora "upgrade" utilities, and is now
supported by Xine, MPlayer, and Real's Helix Player. We're nearing
Beta-1 where the format will be frozen, fully documented, and it'll be
ready for everyday use."
'

Xine and MPlayer are popular video players on Linux (I use both).

Tobi

--
Vim users, don't forget to
   http://iccf-holland.org/donate.html