Re: SVG 1.2 - 3.2.1 editable

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:51:48 +1100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Chris Lilley:
> If it doesn't work in the presence of animations then I don't see the
> point.

My point is for simulating the effects of animation.  If I want to
provide animation-like features it would be nice if I could do so while
retaining the base value.

> Your proposal (change the animated value in script) and the current
> method (change the baseval in script) are the same, if no animation is
> running; the current method continues to work correctly if an
> animation is running.

Except that the base value is permanently overwritten.  Other script
in the document (which may not be written by me) may want access to the
base value as well as the (simulated) animated value.

--
Cameron McCormack