Re: SVG 1.2 - 3.2.1 editable

On Sat 20 Mar 2004, Jim Ley wrote:

> The editable attribute is a very useful feature, currently though what
> happens to the child elements of flowDiv's when they are edited isn't clear.

we currently plan to flatten everything into a single node (and thus
lose the styling information).

Yes, this is nasty, but the feature is really for simple text editing,
not complex text editing (think HTML <input type="text">).

So, it <flowRoot> should follow the same pattern.

> Also a couple of very minor points
>
> "the system-dependent keyboard binding for copy/cut/paste" should be
> bindings...
>
> The Home/End of this should also be system-dependent and not constrained to
> line? (ie could be home/end take you to start/end of editable area rather
> than line)

Yes.

> Is there any value in defining a differentiated focus style for non-CSS user
> agents, or should this just be done with script?

Hmmmm, hadn't thought of that. I guess they could catch the focus
event and fire an animation which sets the style.

Dean