SVG 1.2 Notes:

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 23:30:52 -0000
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

5.2.1 focusable, this should presumably default to true for Extended links
element xa

11.12 overlay-host content - How is this effected by stylesheet inheritance?
do styles inherit into the overlay-host region?

11.14 Highlighting

16.1 "SVG 1.2 adds the xlink:href attribute to the title, desc and metadata
elements, allowing them to reference of external content. In each case the
URI must point to data that can be included as content of the referencing
element. "

This seems like an unnecessary  restriction, why can't I provide an HTML or
content negotiated resource providing detailed descriptions.  Also limiting
us to a text or XML serialisation of Metadata seems unreasonable.  I can
somewhat understand the motivation, but my main reason for wanting
xlink:href on these elements is to reuse existing metadata and descriptions,
not simply to have it out of band.

Cheers,

Jim.