Re: SVG 1.2 Raw Socket impl. in JavaScript

From: Jan-Klaas Kollhof <keyjaque@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 04:26:14 -0800 (PST)
To: Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Hello Thomas,

> I can't speak directly for the Adobe
> implementation
> but in the Batik implementation all
> access/manipulation
> of the DOM is done in one thread.  So in your
> example
> it would not be possible for animation to run (which
> manipulates the DOM/CSS) while the script is
> executing.

That's my experience,too. And forceRedraw() (I think
it was called that) is not impl. to actually get it
redrawn.
I didn't mean scripted animations. I ment the
declarative ones.
I just tried declarative and script doing something. I
guess I was wrong assuuming something. They stop if JS
code is running. Excuse my language, but that sucks!

> There are also issues with 'long lived' DOM
> objects like node lists, when you may have multiple
> threads  operating on the DOM tree at the same time.

Yeap, the problem of synchronizing threads and the
problem with object references.

Jan