Re: Intersection Points

From: Antoine Quint <ml@graougraou.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:03:56 +0100
Cc: <www-svg@w3.org>
To: "Doug Schepers" <doug@schepers.cc>

Hey Doug,

On 15 mars 04, at 08:23, Doug Schepers wrote:

> I feel strongly that having some degree of this functionality is
> better than
> having none at all, and I think that this is something that would be
> easy to
> do in a simple form. These are things that Flash has in its toolkit,
> and I'd
> like to see them in SVG.

What do you mean by "Flash has it in its toolkit"? Do you mean it's
part of the ActionScript API [0]? If so, I couldn't find the method for
it. Are you sure it's in there, or rather on a commercial component or
in the authoring tool itself.

The fact that Kevin has done it with reasonably good performance
pre-SVG 1.2 makes me think that there's no true urge for having this in
SVG 1.2.

Antoine

[0]
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/action_scripts/