Re: Re: xmlParse with sockets.

From: Jan-Klaas Kollhof <keyjaque@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:35:54 -0800 (PST)
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Jim,

>Well, no it's quite hard to parse, the advantage is
that >there are XML parsers

exactly, and you have them on both ends, on the client
and the server. That's was what I ment with simpler.

But if the data being transfered between the server
and the client is XML anyways (and streamable) then
one would benifit from it. Let's say we get some news
from the server which send's the content which
partially includes SVG... or some mapdata which is
encoded in XML, what already arrived can be analysed
and displayed if needed. This is especially handy if
the data is already in XML on the server.

Jan

PS. Checking out JSON right now.