Re: implementation size for SVG Tiny

Jean-Claude Dufourd wrote:
> Robin Berjon a écrit:
>> Yes, I just wanted to point out that rough may vary quite a lot. For
>> instance, the latest version of PalmOS reportedly has natively all the
>> graphic primitives SVG Tiny needs. That would cut down the code size.
>
> Right, but that is cheating. This API would only be available on PalmOS,
> so SVG Tiny would only fit 50K on PalmOS, and the number of phones with
> PalmOS being negligible, this would not help.

It's just an example or variance. If Symbian supported the same API the
same would apply.

>>> The BitFlash web site says: SVG Tiny-compliant on Symbian for ~500Kb
>>> If this is the minimum, then I would need a smaller profile.
>>
>> Where did you get that from, I can't find it on BitFlash's website.
>> Are you sure it's not the SVG Basic implementation?
>
> http://www.bitflash.com/purchase/buy_now.asp
> 4th line

That is quite clearly an implementation of SVG Basic, not SVG Tiny.

>> No, he says "SVG Tiny implementation and advanced 2D graphics for J2ME
>> platform (...) and compact code size about 100K."
>> (http://tinyline.com/svgt/index.html). The conformance page
>> (http://tinyline.com/svgt/conformance.html) gives a good idea of how
>> much of Tiny is supported.
>
> By element, OK. I want to know by property.

This is not by element, this is the actual test suite. It also tests
properties. Tinyline appears to be very close to being completely
conformant.

--
Robin Berjon