Re: implementation size for SVG Tiny

From: Jean-Claude Dufourd <Jean-Claude.Dufourd@enst.fr>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:43:52 +0100
To: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Robin Berjon wrote:
> It would depend in part on your platform, how big its code tends to be
> and how much it already provides you with in terms of graphical
> functionality.

Of course, you are right. Right now, I need rough numbers.
The BitFlash web site says: SVG Tiny-compliant on Symbian for ~500Kb
If this is the minimum, then I would need a smaller profile.

> Tinyline is somewhere around 100k and is pretty much conformant.

Not really. The author says: "SVG Minute"

> However
> it's in Java (J2ME) which tends to produce fairly large code, and is
> implemented in a very clean way (it has separate libs for 2D, neatly
> separated classes, exposes a complete API, etc) which is far from the
> norm on such platforms where size is crucial. It certainly looks like it
> could be trimmed down quite a deal.

He must have implemented a complete replacement of Graphics to be able
to do antialiasing, and these classes (the separate 2D lib) are 28Kb
zipped.

> Are you considering implementing? There's an implementors list if you're
> interested.

Right, my question is probably more relevant there. Thanks for the tip.
Best regards
JC
--
Jean-Claude Dufourd, ENST, Dept COMELEC