Help with svg text

From: Rita Huang <sssguk@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 02:15:29 +0000
To: www-svg@w3.org

I am currently developing a presentation editor tool. The application is
written in Java. I have been using batik toolkit to develop graphical
elements for the application. Right now, I have sucessfully finished
incorporating line, oval and rectangle elements into the application, but I
am struggling with creating svg text element. I don't know where to start
with. Can someone help me out please?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Rita Huang