Re: Mixed bag of comments on SVG 1.2

Robin Berjon <robin.berjon <at> expway.fr> writes:
> Only if you don't stick to RDF's fixation on fragments and W3C's
> systematic dating of URLs. http://jibbering.com/ns/silly-example/ is
> much better ;)

but that might get confused with all the other silly examples I create, and in
any case I would feel obligated to put a resource there...

> I guess so but I'd personally rather avoid having too many convenience
> methods in the DOM (if even any).

Yeah I agree, lets get rid of getElementsByTagName, getElementById etc. much
simpler to just iterate over the document collecting up the elements...
Simplify everything right down to the bare essentials.

> This is something I've been meaning to give some thought to. Good HTTP
> libs will give you access to them, with an option to follow the 3XX or
> not. The reason for this is that a 3XX may have some side-effects such
> as setting a cookie which your lib may wish to pay attention to. The
> default could be to not follow though.

An option would be good yes, and would be my favoured solution.

Cheers,

Jim.