Re: RE : RE : RE : What is the best way to design full vectorial scroll-downmenus with SVGT1.2

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:34:25 +0200
To: "MAHE Vincent FTRD/DIH/REN" <v.mahe@francetelecom.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Friday, June 25, 2004, 7:15:09 PM, MAHE wrote:

MVFDR> It is exactly what I needed to understand.
MVFDR> I have to look at the SVG chapter on how SVG fonts work
MVFDR> ... (sorry, I'm a real SVG beginner).

MVFDR> I personally feel that the viewBox chapter of the SVG 1.1
MVFDR> spec. (Yes, I have read this one) is not very clear about how to
MVFDR> use it in order to design fully scalable widgets.

That may well be true; I will have another look and see if it can be
clarified.

MVFDR> Or maybe there should be some more examples using % units
MVFDR> and not hardcoded pixel sizes in the Specs.

The numbers are not 'hardcoded pixel sizes'. % units are not the sole
route to a scalable graphic.

MVFDR> Especially for a format which is supposed to provide "Scalable" rendering.

It might be wise to learn more about it before complaining about what it
is "supposed to do" and, in fact, already does.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group