Re: What is the best way to design full vectorial scroll-down menus with SVGT1.2

Hi Vincent,

On 22 juin 04, at 16:17, MAHE Vincent FTRD/DIH/REN wrote:

> One of the key interface component according to me is scroll-down menu
> wich enable the user to select items in menu and sub-menus which may
> be contextual to the current session.

I'm not sure what type of menus you are talking about. Are you talking
about combo boxes or navigation menus like you see on most websites
done in Flash or DHTML?

> What I can't figure out is : How can I build such menus in a scalable
> way especially concerning some text inside a box ?
>
> Do I need to use viewBox ?
>  What about the font ? How can I be sure that the text is
> automatically resized in order to fit the place allocated to the
> drop-down menu on the mobile device ?

It depends. I have coded a few UI widgets, like combo boxes and
buttons, that can be scaled using SVG transforms without disrupting the
functionality. I usually code these up using RCC and should be able to
do it just the same with sXBL.

Antoine
--
Antoine Quint <aq@fuchsia-design.com>