Re: Does SVG 1.0 define this?

Sincere apologies for the top-reply. I'm a little confused as
to what bits have been answered, what bits haven't and what are
errors in the spec. Can someone summarise please?

Ian, for the xlink:type="simple" attribute: that's a good
question. I'm not sure we ever thought about that. I'd guess
that the wording about attributes from other namespaces wasn't
thinking about xlink.

Dean