Re: Generate SVG

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 22:41:28 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Xavier.

Xavier Murillo:
> I'm new programming Java...
> I'm trying to generate SVG by Java.. i've seen a lot of examples, all of them by
> Batik-project, but I don't want (not allowed to) use Batik-project.
>
> I took a look in java.sun.com but they use Batik also!
>
> It's possible to generate SVG (import file, manipulate, export) without Batik?

If you don't need to access anything SVG specific, you can read in SVG
files, modify them and write them out just with a standard XML
processor and DOM core calls.  If you need to do use any SVG DOM calls,
like getting bounding boxes, or need to actually render the SVG, then
you'll have to use Batik or some other library that implements SVG.

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack