Re: Relative positioning

From: Jan-Klaas Kollhof <jan@kollhof.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:21:45 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org, cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au

Hi,

I have played around with constraints a while ago and tried to make an
"SVG-only" impl, as much as this is possible.
My example works in Batik and ASV6. It is just a demo and does not
compare at all to the ability of  Cameron's.
http://jan.kollhof.net/projects/svg/playground/constr.svg
(The code is documented)

The constraint definition is a bit different form Cameron's. I use
namespaced attribs in the elements:
<rect ... c:y="id('someOtherRect')/@width - 10"
c:x="id('someRect')/@width + 10"/>
So basically one specifies the attributes that are suposed be constraint
by just adding an attrib with the same name but in constrain namespace.
I would like to actually just have the XPath expression in the regular
attributes, but that would break backwards compatibility with current
SVG impl.

Jan