Re: [SVG 1.2 draft]: 17.3 Media Interfaces - getPixel()

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:52:24 +0200
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Chris Lilley wrote:
> On Thursday, July 15, 2004, 2:25:27 PM, Robin wrote:
> RB> It returns an SVGColor object. As far as I can tell, that points to a
> RB> css::RGBColor which in turn does not support the alpha value. I might
> RB> have missed something, but if not I would call that a bug.
>
> In addition to adding opacity (ideally by fractional geometric coverage)
> don't we need to say what the sampling method is? Otherwise its trivial
> to produce content that will give wildly different results.

You're Mr.Colour so I might be missing something but currently getPixel
() is defined to work on "binary (pixel-based) images only" (a
definition which could be improved by dropping the "binary", just in
case someone adds XPM support) and therefore the x and y are pixels in
the image's intrinsic pixel-based coordinate system. I believe that the
motivation for that was that anything else was deemed Too Complex For
1.2(r).

--
Robin Berjon