RE: SVG and RDF

Hi,

>I would just use just id in the SVG element and refer to them with
>rdf:about, no need to use rdf:ID as the resources you create are pointing
>concrete things with real addresses distinct from just the document.  you
>can of course embed your RDF within metadata elements, and then reference
>the SVG from there.

Lets take an example. If we had (for example) a woman whose name is Mary and
her URI
is "urn:people:reg:female:123" described in rdf like the bellow:

  xmlns:test="http://www.test.com/testns">
  <rdf:Description rdf:about="urn:people:reg:female:123">
    <test:name>Mary</test:name>
  </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

And we would like to have the following SVG group to represent her.

<g transform="translate(236 194)">
	<title>Female</title>
	<metadata><!-- ..The rdf goes here or withing <metadata/> of the roor
document.. --></metadata>
	<use x="0" y="0" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
xlink:href="#vwbFemale" xlink:type="simple"  xlink:actuate="onRequest"
xlink:show="replace"/>
	<text x="16" y="44" text-anchor="middle">Female</text>
</g>

How can we define that the SVG <g> represents the URI
"urn:people:reg:female:123"? If I have the right understanding we can't put
the URI as the id of the SVG group or otherwise it would be processed as
<base-uri-of-the-document>#<id> (and therefore the subject described in in
rdf - rdf:about="urn:people:reg:female:123" - wouldn't be equal to it)?

Best regards,
Kalle

PS. Jim I have visited your website frequently and your applications are
very interesting and motivating way to learn & explore new techniques.