Re: Few SVGT1.2 comments

Thanks for your replies.
My comments are inlined.
Regarding the test suite, as Chris rightly assumed, I was referring to
the SVGT1.1 test suite currently under work. Do you have any target dates?
Christophe

Dean Jackson wrote:

>On Thu 01 Jul 2004, Chris Lilley wrote:
>

>>On Thursday, July 1, 2004, 1:09:29 AM, Gillette wrote:
>>

>>GCW> Hi all,
>>
>>Hi Christophe
>>
>>GCW> I just have some questions or comments about the new draft of the Mobile
>>GCW> specification:
>>GCW> 1) preserveAspectRatio values are limited in Tiny 1.2 like in its
>>GCW> previous version. However, I don't think this limitation is required
>>GCW> (images do support all the values of the preserveAspectRatio attribute).
>>GCW> There is definitely no extra weight for the implementation, so why
>>GCW> introduce this limitation?
>>
>>Its partly to make it lighter weight and partly because, of all the
>>different values, the option to center the image in the viewport such
>>that the entire image is displayed while preserving the aspect ratio is,
>>in fact, what is wanted 99.99% of the time. Have you ever seen someone
>>specify they want it in the bottom right of the viewport?
>>

>I've often wanted it in the top-left or top-center.
>"often" = I would guess 5-10% of the time :)

As preserveAspectRatio has to be implemented for images, it seems to me
that it is as burdensum to make a specific preserveAspectRatio
implementation on the top svg as having a generic way of dealing with
it. Moreover, the implementation footrpint of this attribute is really
small.