Re: How do I view a string of SVG xml in a html page

From: Andreas Neumann <neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 05:26:20 +0100 (CET)
To: Samuel Goldenbaum <samuel@3hgroup.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

hm.

you could create a html-file with a empty SVG file embedded.

then extract the svg-code from the textarea and add it to the SVG-DOM.

This approach only works in Internet-Explorer, since other Browsers scripting
engines can't connect to the Adobe Plugin, unfortunately.

I know, its not very elegant, but unfortunately plugins aren't well integrated
in with the Browser.

Andreas

Quoting Samuel Goldenbaum <samuel@3hgroup.com>:

> HI
>

> I have a textarea where users paste svg/xml text into. I would like to
> let them preview the SVG without having to create a actual file from
> it.
>

> How do I do this?
>

> Thanks,

I don\'t know the key to success,
but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
-- Bill Cosby

Andreas Neumann - Department of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg, CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.karto.ethz.ch/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/