Re: Sodipodi flags 1.6

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:35:11 -0000
To: www-svg@w3.org
Cc: sodipodi-list@lists.sourceforge.net

"Bernhard Zwischenbrugger" <bz@datenkueche.com> wrote in message

>Quoting Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>:
>> Bernhard Zwischenbrugger:
>> > I want to describe the world in XML.
>> > Something like a computer readable www.
>> RDF is the way of a computer readable www.

>I don't understand RDF.
>It always look like:
><nothingspezial:container xmlns:nothingspezial="http://zerocontent">
><othernamespace:thecontent xmlns:othernamespace="http://meaningfullthing"/>

Which is fine, XML is really completely useless without namespaces...

>Sometimes the "rdf:resource" attribute is used but why not use xlink?

because they mean completely different things.

>http://slashdot.org/slashdot.rdf for example does not use rdf:resource...

That's an RSS resource.  FOAF files are a much more reasonable popular
application of RDF to look at.

I think DAML have country data in there CIA factbook scrape:

is data on the UK
in fact already includes information on flags, you can just use this