Re: Sodipodi flags 1.6

From: Bernhard Zwischenbrugger <bz@datenkueche.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:06:16 +0100
To: Christian Schaller <uraeus@linuxrising.org>
Cc: "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>, cinamod@hotmail.com, sodipodi-list@lists.sourceforge.net, svg-apps@yahoo.com

Hi Christian, Hi all

> I guess how to proceed depends on what we/you want to use this index
> for. Should it be something simple where we could associate a name,
> flag, country code, and any languages spoken there

Even if it is simple, it needs clear version information and it should be
extensible. It should be possible to retrieve old versions,...

> Or should we aim at eventually making it an "Encarta Encyclopedia"
> entry?
>
> Based on which I guess we either make the so that what the XML describes
> is really simple and focussed
>
> Or make it so that what the XML describes is extremely detailed and
> extensible?

I want to describe the world in XML.
Something like a computer readable www.
Versioning and distribution similar to debian.
Userinterface for new information similar wiki.

But lets start simple.

Bernhard