Re: Sodipodi flags 1.6

From: Bernhard Zwischenbrugger <bz@datenkueche.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:17:51 +0100
To: Christian Schaller <uraeus@linuxrising.org>, "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

It would be nice to have an index to all flags.
Something like:
<?xml verson="1.0"?>
<country name="afghanistan" shortname="af" xlink:href="http://
www.sodipodi.com/clipart/flags/afghanistan" version="1.0">
   <licence commercialuse="yes" gpl="yes"/>
   <author name="xxyyy" email="asdf@asdf.com"/>
   <provice name="kandahar" xlink:href="..."/>
<country name="albania" shortname="al" ...
If this index is at the same place forever it would be possible
to download all flags automaticly and generate icons for applicatoins
at compiletime.
It would also be nice to have an index to the application icons:
This could look like:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<applicationIcons theme="Nuvola" version="0.01">
<group name="file">
<icon name="new" xlink:href="..">
<licence commercialuse="yes" ...
<icon name="open">
<group name="edit">
   <icon name="copy" xlink:href=".."/>
   <icon name="paste xlink:href="...."/>
I did a first release of that at:
(no copyright info, no country short name, provinces and countries mixed,
no author information,...)
I also made a first release of an index to common XML informations:
And a list of counties:
Other information I would like to provide:
country: tax, number of inhabitants, size, path of borders, weather, political
icons: application icons, themes, ...
At the moment I'm thinking about  intelligent versioning, wiki
style interface to provide data and namespaces.
It would be nice to get some feedback on that.