Re: Snapshot draft of SVG 1.2 released

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:36:26 +0000 (UTC)
To: www-svg@w3.org

Chris Lilley <chris <at> w3.org> writes:

| Undoubtedly. There was a publication freeze around the tech plenary,
| which was only announced a day before, so it was a rush to get the
| document published at all.

Absolutely, thanks for the great work, and good to see this early version,
looking forward to the next one.

| I agree its not an exact duplicate of postURL - is that a problem?

Nope, just a change of labelling would be fine, the missing of the init( ) part
was more relevant - although I didn't highlight that too well

|> Also the sample and text includes "evt.progress", but the IDL, and attributes
|> description doesn't, just a loaded and a total.
|
|Yes, it didn't get updated in time.

Which is correct, progress or just loaded/total?

(I really have no preference for either)

|> Like much of the current draft, this is very good,
|> but shouldn't it be something the DOM WG are improving?
|
| The DOM WG is turning into a pumpkin,

So I've since learnt.  Yes I was sort of confusing the traits and the
normalisation stuff here, (although I'd not looked at 3 enough to note the
normalisation specifically)  I'm happy that the SVG do all this stuff which is
really the domain of other (albeit now defunct) WGs but I hope it does get
rolled into other WGs specs as relevant.

Cheers,

Jim.