Re: Third release of Constraint SVG browser

From: Andreas Neumann <neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:31:20 +0100 (CET)
To: www-svg@w3.org

> The third release of the SVG with constraints browser, based on Batik,
> is now available.  For those unfamiliar with the project, CSVG is an
> extension to SVG that allows attributes to be specified in terms of
> expressions to be evaluated at display time.  These simple one-way
> constraints allow a great amount of adaptivity to be built in to
> documents to account for, for example, canvas dimensions, language,
> text
> size, etc.

I really like the idea of CSVG!

And I hope that one day, the ideas will find it's way into the main spec - maybe
for SVG 2.0.

Thanks for your work!

Cameron - are you planning to present at SVG.Open in Japan?

Andreas

-- Rita Mae Brown

Andreas Neumann - Department of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg, CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.karto.ethz.ch/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/