Re: inkscape posted to w3.org

On Saturday, February 21, 2004, 4:53:24 AM, Jonathan wrote:

JP> Hello,

JP> I've been trying to get Inkscape posted to the w3 SVG site for some
JP> time. Does anyone on this list have the ability to add us to this page:

JP> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/SVG-Implementations.htm8#svgedit

There is a huge backlog of svg-exporting programs to be added to that
list, and some of the info (programming language, date of release) is
hard to track down and probably not that useful anyway.

I'm planning to chuck those old pages and release new ones. Firstly,
all SVG browsers/plugns/clients ie interactive renderers, on desktop
and mobile.

Then, add native svg editors.

Then, add editors that import svg as well as export it.

The amount of different programs that (claim to) export SVG is now
huge, and I think that leaving those to one side for a while will
enable the rest to be brought up to date speedily.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group