Re: Newbie question: Mathematical functions?

From: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:29:14 +1100
To: www-svg@w3.org

juman:
> Does SVG support mathematical functions when defining an object? For
> example:
>
> <rect x="10" y="10" height="5+5" width="5+5"
> transform="rotate(sin(45))"/>
>
> Is it possible to define sizes and rotations by mathematical functions?

No, standard SVG doesn't allow expressions for attribute values.  But my
project is investigating just this.

  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~clm/csvg/

I'll be releasing another version of the CSVG browser soon and reworking
the web pages to reflect the new syntax I've chosen.

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack