Feature Request: shifting an event (as if the pointer has a different location)

From: Ruud Steltenpool <r.g.steltenpool@student.utwente.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:12:47 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

You'll understand what it's good for when looking at the example at the bottom.

In case of that example i could also do it via a ugly workaround, cause i know
the content 'below' it is working on (I rather keep my example explainable to
non-coders though).

In case of different content:
Maybe someone sends in some SVG with its' own onclick's (like hanging a photo on
a dartboard :-) ). Then the workaround would be 'impossible' or a very ugly hack
the least.

Hey maybe the trembling cursor can work as an accessibility test tool.

Thanks,

Ruud

I'm trying to develop a dartgame:
http://svgopen.steltenpower.com/darts.php

But of course there's no fun in just clicking somewhere to represent
hitting the board with a dart in that place.
Therefore i try to model a shaky hand with a fake cursor.
This fake cursor should be a time-varying random (but limited)
translation away from the real (but hidden) cursor.

But now the problem: when i click, the event that is fired has the
location of the hidden real cursor. And cause evt.clientX and
evt.clientY are read-only i can't set them to the values of the fake
cursor.

How do i do this?

//I've seen some very dry spec stuff about creating a new event but
couldn't get it to work.