Re: Threading?

Alexander,
Although I do not believe that any standards actually document this, it is
my understanding of the standard web page processing model is that you have
single-threaded access to the DOM. Even with Microsoft's next-generation
user interface system, XAML/Avalon, there is only one "user interface
thread", even though you have have any number of other threads such as
multiple threads talking to Indigo communications services. Similarly, in
the standards-based world, my understanding is that you have
single-threaded access to the DOM, but it is very possible to have other
threads within your scripting engines, assuming the programming language
supports threads; however, usually the extra threads need to access the
main DOM thread one at a time.

Jon