Re: SVG12: image/svg+xml gzip requirements

From: Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:51:27 -0500
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
CC: www-svg@w3.org, ietf-types@iana.org

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> If the registration is changed to require user consent to this operation
> it might be more consistent with these TAG findings; I would not accept
> such a resolution though. I very much disagree that the TAG supports
> silent error recovery.

    No this pretty much sums it up, the TAG supports this action with
user notification, and you don't.  I would certainly support a
clarification of the required UA behavior in the face of conflicting
metadata in the case of gzip encoded content.

> If you think my interpretation of these TAG
>  publications is not what the TAG really intended, please request that
> the TAG clarifies their materials so we can discuss this on more solid
> grounds.

    No, I think we have a common understanding. I just didn't like the
fact that you held this up as saying this wasn't allowed when it does
allow it, with user notification.