XBL: syntax to use for includes attributes.

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:48:09 -0500
To: www-svg@w3.org

The draft says, "The XBL task force has not yet decided the syntax to
use for includes attributes." and requests feedback on this issue, so
here you go.

My feeling is that full XPath 1.0 is a minimum syntax for the includes
attributes. I assume the context node for the XPath expression would be
the matched node.

However, I really wonder if this goes far enough. I can foresee a lot of
use cases that need something Turing complete. For instance, you might
want to place each subsequent ten nodes in a different box. I can't see
how to do that with just XPath when you don't know the number of nodes
in advance.